1. Managing the Video Module
1.1 Add a video
1.2 Edit a video
3. Video Module on the Website
3.1 One video on a page
3.2 Group of video's on a page
3.3 Overview of all video's
4. CSS for this Module
When you click on the Video icon in the module manager you get the following screen:
The goal of the Video module is to give you the possibility to place and manage films with the extensions wmv, mov and swf on a easy way at your website.
Video files can be big and you need space and bandwidth to be able to show the films.
When you click on the Video module link in the Module Manager you'll see a screen similar to the following.
- Gives you the list of all films
- Here you can add a video
- Here you can change the configuration of this module
- The name of the film
- The order the films are shown on the website
- If a groupname is filled in, you can see it here
When you click on 'Add a video'
the following screen appears :
- The name of the file
This field is a required field. When this field is not filled in with a name, a red border appears around this field with the message 'This field is required' (version 3.0).
- The title of the film. When using one video on a page, the pagename must be the same as this title
- With this option you have the possibility to group selected films on a page. The groupname must be the same as the pagename.
- Select 'Yes' if you want the film in the total filmoverview on a page
- Description of the film
- Here you can change the width en height of the videoscreen on your websitepage
- The order the films are shown on the website and manage part of the site
- Possibility to show the controls on the website
- Possibility to repeat the film
- Possibility to start the film automatically when you click on the page
- Here you specify if the film is for the protected area
At the top (behind the text 'Add a video') you will see the text :
'(Maximum upload size (via configuration provider) : 20M). This means that you can upload a file up to 20 Mb. This upload size is a parameter which is set by the provider (in your case it can be for example 5 or 10 Mb).
So it is not possible (at this moment but we are working on it) to upload files larger than the setting of your provider.
When the file is larger than the given max upload, you can try to upload it via your own FTP program.
When you click on the Edit button the following screen appears :
- The video picture thumbnail which is shown on the website
- Here you can change the picture thumbnail of the film. You can make a sreenshot of the film and place this picture here.
- The name of the current file
- Here you can upload a new film
For the other options you can take a look above by 'Add a video'
. These are the same.
- Here you can place a welcometekst for the overview page
- The number of films placed on one line
You can present the video's on your website by showing one video, a group of video's or all video's on a page. You can select this in the pagemanager and the configuration of the film.
When you place one video at a page, remember that the name of the page you make in the Pagemanager is exactly the same name as the film title.
Use the option 'Video per page'
in the Pagemanager.
When you use the option 'Video overview'
in the pagemanager and the pagename is the same as the groupname you defined at the video's, these video's will then appear on your screen.
This gives you the possibility to select video's to place on one page. It is possible to make several pages with selected video's
You can have a overview of all the present video's in the Video module. Use the option 'Video overview'
in the pagemanager and give the page a name that did not have the same name as a film or a groupname.
For this overview it is necessary that the option 'Must the video be shown in the total overview? ' of a film has the value 'Yes'.
If this option has the value 'No', the film is not shown at the total overview.
Below an overview of the CSS classes which are used for this module, for more information and examples, see the Using CSS chapter.
|| For the welcome text, see picture below.
|| For the descriptions of extra titles