What is SyndeoCMS?A Content Management System (CMS) for primary schools, which helps you manage and maintain your website. It can also be a very usefull CMS for small companies or non profit organizations. It is Open Source Software (that means free to use), licensed under the General Public license. Syndeocms is my continuation of Site@School 2.4.10. see History for more details.
What is a content management system (CMS)?A content management system is software that manages every piece of content on your Web site. Content can be simple text, photos, music, video, documents, or just about anything you can think of. A major advantage of using a CMS is that it requires almost no technical skills or knowledge to manage your site. Since the CMS manages all your content, you don't have to.
Main features are:
- You can manage a website without technical knowledge.
- It has an editor with a high "Word look and feel" rate (FCKeditor).
- Pupils and teachers can have personal pages on the website.
- Teachers can check pupil pages before publication.
- Project pages for pupils and teachers.
- An intranet for teachers which is not accessible by the public.
- A lot of modules (like a guestbook and newsletter) for your website, see available Modules
- Template editor or you can create your own template, see creating templates
- is LAMP or WAMP compatible (i.e., Linux or Windows server)
- Backup feature to make a local backup of the mysql database.
- Translation tool to change the language files to your needs or create a new translation.
- And much more.
How do I get startedYou could try our demo site and look for yourself if the system suites you.
The SyndeoCMS team